The first day of school calls for a bevy of good luck wishes:
- To the children starting in a new educational institution.
- To the parents who need to get used to the sudden quiet, yet not worry about their offspring.
- To the teachers who are new in the system.
- To the new principals, who feel obliged to shake up the system. Remember from the Caine Mutiny that it’s the rust that holds the tub together.
- To the schools that thought they had finally gotten rid of everyone. They probably agree with the Trunchbull “my notion of a perfect school is an empty one”. Then again, perhaps by now they were bored…
- And last but not least, to the National Service/ army girls. May you not be worked too hard, and may you feel that you’re given work you’re competent to do.